BET® ROKU TVTM SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The BET Roku TV Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) or its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: Eligible persons may enter during the period beginning on May 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on May 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Promotion Period, go to www.BET.com/rokutvsweeps and complete and submit the online entry form, which includes providing your first and last name, phone number and email address. Entries must contain all required information, and must be received during the Promotion Period.
Proof of submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, unintelligible, incomplete, lost, late entries, technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Promotion. Entry must be submitted by the entrant. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified from the Promotion and may no longer be allowed to enter Sponsor’s sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: On or about May 31, 2017, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning a prize are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified via email and/or phone within about seventy-two (72) hours of being selected. EACH POTENTIAL WINNER MUST RESPOND TO THE WINNER NOTIFICATION WITHIN SEVENTY-TWO (72) HOURS OF BEING SENT; IF SPONSOR DOES NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A POTENTIAL WINNER WITHIN THAT TIME (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), THAT POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND AN ALTERNATIVE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE SELECTED THROUGH A RANDOM DRAWING FROM AMONG ALL REMAINING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, EACH POTENTIAL WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN, WITHIN SEVENTY-TWO (72) HOURS OF BEING NOTIFIED (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE (THE “AFFIDAVIT”) IN ORDER TO CLAIM HIS/HER PRIZE. If (i) a potential winner cannot be contacted via email or phone after the first attempt to contact him/her, (ii) a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or (iii) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable prize. Up to three (3) alternate drawings will be held for the prize, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. PRIZES: One (1) prize is available to be won in this Promotion. The prize consists of one (1) 43”, LED, 1080p Roku TV™ (other specifications/attributes and the manufacturer/brand are to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion). The approximate retail value of the prize is $329.99.
Prize Restrictions: There is a limit of one (1) prize per person per household. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, air or ground transportation, meals, incidentals, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Promotion.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT COMPANY(IES), AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY (INCLUDING THE ENTRANT’S POSTED PHOTOGRAPH), NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
10. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available for sixty (60) days after verification of all winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “BET ROKU TV Sweepstakes”, Attn: Business & Legal Affairs, Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
Copyright ©2017 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Start: May 15, 2017 @ 10:00 am (US/Eastern)
End: May 29, 2017 @ 12:00 am (US/Eastern)